Topic: Delete doesn't sync

Local deletion of files and folders in an upload-only sync isn't propagating to webstore. I have to go online and delete them manually. To me, that isn't proper syncing.

Last edited by alanw (2016-03-26 16:37:50)

Re: Delete doesn't sync

Hi alanw,

This is actually done for security reasons. It might seem as if it is a bug or a user interface error but is threre to avoid deleting files by mistake.
If you want to change from upload only, download only or biderectional, as you probably know you can go to the CloudMe sync application, look up the folder you want to change, right click and choose settings. There you can do several individual setting for this specific folder.

I don't want to change; upload only is what I want. Surely a mistaken delete is covered by your versioning. I don't have this trouble with Dropbox. Rather than forcing on me a security measure I don't want, wouldn't it be better to at least give me a choice?

Hi alanw,

It is always difficult to choose what solution to go with as we have many users with different needs.
In this case we have choosen this solution but there is always good to reflect and perhaps also reconsider.
We have discussed, and will look into, if there are any possibilities for us to develop and expand the features of our sync.

Thanks, Per. I shall be interested to know how you decide to go forward.